Hi Claire here
Firstly let me tell you a story; 17 years ago when I returned after maternity leave to my job as Head of HR my boss called me into his office and said these words “Claire, we’d like you to take on Staff Training & Development as well as HR”
I almost fainted, I knew this would involve speaking in front of groups – something I had never, ever, wanted to do, plus in the past I had anxiety introducing myself when I attended a training course let alone run one myself!
One of the first groups I was due to train was our trades staff, which at that time were 100% male, worked outside and liked it that way and to make matters worse, at that time received less pay for attending training .. the training I was delivering? Fairness at Work (in other words Equality and Divserity) – yes there I was in front of 12 burly, overall clad men, arms folded (them not me!) – anxious? oh yes!
So, how did I get from panic (and one time completely freezing up when speaking at a staff conference) to seeking out opportunities to speak, designing courses, writing talks and enjoying it?
How did I turn 12 angry men into a group who thanked me for a great morning’s training?
Here’s How I Did It
- I got to know and love my content – if I didn’t care about what I was talking about, how on earth would I turn them onto it?!
- I got into the shoes of my audience as much as was possible; trying to understand their objections; afer all there they were, stuck in a room, losing money – for them this was a total waste of time
- I dug deep into the content and worked out what could be “in it for them” – and I found it .. I found a few nuggets that would connect them with the training content .. that was a big nail in the nailing it stakes!
- When delivering the session I used different methods so each learning style was catered for
- oh and of course I made sure there was non-stop refreshments and biccies
- I suppose most of all I respected that they were, putting it mildly, deeply cheesed off at having to attend the session; I acknowledged that and made it as relevant as I possible could and gave them vital info which could save them their jobs .. i.e. lone working . etc
That was 17 years ago and since then I have coached and trained 100’s of people from all walks of life and all sorts of jobs and businesses to not only feel confident to speak in front of groups of people but to also enjoy and inspire others to take action too …
and so here’s why I’m writing to you today…
On 26th November I am running my one day “Get Started in Public Speaking” your one-stop-shop for all you need!
At this workshop I show you EVERYTHING you need to know to get your talk up and running …
Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- How to overcome those dreaded nerves – turning the fear into postive energy
- Effortlessly and rapidly get your ideas out of your head and onto paper – from head to page to stage!
- Have a system that you can use every time you need to plan a talk – even at short notice
- Have the peace of mind that all your talks will be understandable to the largest number of people
- How to Start and Stop a talk
- Nail any short talk before you leave; e.g networking minute etc
- … And loads more!
Speaking in Public is the single, most effective and inexpensive marketing tool you could ever learn and I honestly think this workshop is the best investment you could possibly make to boost your credibility and grow your business.
How would it feel to?
Never have to worry about what to say?
Never have to run the risk that you will bore people!
Never have to spend hours not knowing how to plan a talk?
I am so convinced that you will have a fabulous day and take away tools you can use immediately that I will offer you my 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – this means if after you leave the workshop you cannot use what you have learnt in your business I will work with you until you can. Ok! I can hear you saying “what if I am the one person this wont work with?”!! – in that case if we have done all we can and you are still not happy I will give your money back – no quibbling (cos I hate a quibble!)
Tickets to this workshop are £97
However, if you reserve your seat before 5pm on 22nd February you pay just £67
Date: Tuesday 26th November 2013
Times: 9.30am – 4.00
Venue: Brookland Hotel, Hampshire